Health & Safety Training
Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
QA Level 2 Award (RQF) (Coming Soon)
Qualification number: 603/0879/5.
- Unit 1: Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Workplaces.
The QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This intensive 1-day course has been designed to benefit Learners through developing their health and safety awareness in a health and social care environment to make sure they are keeping themselves, and the people they are caring for, safe.
This qualification is for people who work directly with patients/clients in a health and social care setting, e.g. hospitals, care homes, day care centres. It is also suitable for people who intend to work with patients/clients in this type of environment.
The Health and Safety in Health and Social Care course that we deliver has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 8 hours. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 4 weeks.
Assessment & Certification
Course assessment includes:
- 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will receive a QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care (RQF) printed certificate as well as a credit-card style license. This qualification is refreshed every 3 years from date of certification.
Possible progression routes include:
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Moving People Safely (RQF).
- QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF).
- QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF).
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH (RQF).
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment (RQF).
- QA Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF).
- QA Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF).
A maximum of 16 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that students have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
We are able to deliver our Health and Safety in Health and Social Care course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling. Alternatively, you can book onto our next available course at our Snetterton Training Facility.