First Aid Training
Administering Emergency Oxygen
QA Level 3 Award (RQF)
Qualification number: 603/0544/7.
- Unit 1: Administering Emergency Oxygen.
The QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Oxygen (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This intensive 1-day course has been designed to benefit Learners through making sure they are competent to carry out their role and responsibilities, in line with agreed ways of working when administering emergency oxygen.
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility to be able to safely administer and monitor the effects of emergency oxygen within their scope of practice. This includes (but is not limited to) the following roles/personnel:
- A first aider operating in a high risk workplace such as: • In welding, flame cutting and similar processes;
- For helping people with breathing difficulties;
- In hyperbaric chambers as a medical treatment;
- For food preservation and packaging;
- In steelworks and chemical plants
- Community first responders
- Fire, police and other emergency services personnel
- Cabin/film crews
- Those working in doctor's surgeries, walk-in medical centres or within the security service.
- Attainment of this qualification does not imply a 'license to practice' - the scope of practice will be determined by the organisation responsible for oxygen provision. This qualification does not allow an individual to obtain, store or administer oxygen without clinical governance.
This course has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 6 hours. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 4 weeks.
Principles of administering emergency oxygen / Methods of administering emergency oxygen.
Assessment & Certification
Course assessments include:
- 1 x Practical assessment.
- 1 x Theory workbook.
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will receive a QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Oxygen (RQF) printed certificate as well as a credit-card style license. This qualification is valid for 1 year from date of certification. This qualification may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 16 years old on the first day of training.
Before they can register on to this qualification, students must have:
- Successfully completed a minimum of a Level 3 First Aid at Work (QCF or RQF) (FAW) or higher level first aid/emergency care qualification or QA recognised equivalent, and
- Knowledge/awareness of an automated external defibrillator (AED) if it isn't incorporated into the FAW
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that students have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
We are able to deliver this course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling. Alternatively, you can book onto our next available course at our Snetterton Training Facility.
Price (Per Student)
£76.00 ex VAT - Outside M25.
£95.00 ex VAT - London.
If you would like more information or to book your Administering Emergency Oxygen training course with us, please complete an enquiries form or call our team on 01603 486448.