First Aid Training
Paediatric First Aid
QA Level 3 Award (RQF)
Qualification number: 603/0785/7.
- Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
- Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies.
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This comprehensive 2-day course has been designed to benefit Learners by enabling them to refresh the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations. It is designed to help maintain skills and keep up to date with any changes to paediatric first aid procedures as recommended by the EYFS.
This course has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education's Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff-to-child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents and grandparents, and wants to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
The Paediatric First Aid course that we deliver has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 16 hours. In order to facilitate continual learning the course should be delivered over 2 consecutive days; however, this can be adapted to suit your individual requirements. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 6 weeks.
Roles & Responsibilities / Incident Assessment / Unresponsive casualties / Resuscitation and AED / Choking / External bleeding / Shock / Minor injuries / Fractures / Head, neck and back injuries / Eye, ear and nose injuries / Diabetes / Asthma / Allergies / Meningitis / Febrile convulsions / Extreme heat and cold / Electric shocks / Burns & Scalds / Poisoning / Anaphylaxis.
Assessment & Certification
Course assessments includes:
- 6 x Practical assessments.
- 2 x Theory assessments (Multiple Choice Question Papers).
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will receive a QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) printed certificate as well as a credit-card style license. This qualification is valid for 3 years from date of certification. This qualification may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that students have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
We are able to deliver our Paediatric First Aid course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling. Alternatively, you can book onto our next available course at our Snetterton Training Facility.
Price (Per Student)
£121.00 ex VAT - Outside M25.
£166.00 ex VAT - London.
If you would like more information or to book your Paediatric First Aid training course with us, please complete an enquiries form or call our team on 01603 486448.