First Aid Training
First Aid at Work (Re-qualification)
QA Level 3 Award (RQF)
Qualification number: 603/2384/X.
- Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace.
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace.
The QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This shortened 2-day re-qualification course qualifies participants to the highest level of first aid, enabling them to administer effective treatment to a wide range of acute injuries and chronic illnesses. It has been designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of first aid situations.
In order to attend a shortened 2-day re-qualification course, candidates must produce a current or recently expired FAW certificate. If the student's previous FAW certificate has expired by more than one month at the start of re-qualification course, then it is important to note:
- FAW re-qualification courses are only 12 hours in duration compared to 18 hours for the initial course. This means that the syllabus is covered at a significantly faster pace in the understanding that learners are familiar with the topics.
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance is clear that if an employee's FAW certificate expires, they are "no longer considered competent to act as a first aider in the workplace". For this reason, you should make every effort to re-qualify a first aider before their certificate expires.
- Employers and students should be aware that there is an increased risk of failing to achieve the required standard if previous certification has expired by a considerable period (HSE defines this as in excess of 1 month). If this is the case, the HSE recommend "it may be prudent to complete a 3 day course".
This course has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 16 hours. In order to facilitate continual learning, the course should be delivered over 2 consecutive days; however, this can be adapted to suit your individual requirements. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 10 weeks.
Roles & Responsibilities / Incident Assessment / Unresponsive casualties / Resuscitation and AED / Choking / External bleeding / Shock / Minor injuries / Secondary survey / Bones, joints and muscle injures / Head and spinal injuries / Chest injuries / Burns & Scalds / Eye injuries / Poisoning / Anaphylaxis / Major illnesses (Heart attack / Stroke / Epilepsy and seizures / Asthma / Diabetes).
Assessment & Certification
Course assessments includes:
- 6 x Practical assessments.
- 2 x Theory assessments (Multiple Choice Question Papers).
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will receive a QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) printed certificate as well as a credit-card style license. This qualification is valid for 3 years from date of certification. This qualification may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that students have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
We are able to deliver our First Aid at Work (Re-qualification) course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling. Alternatively, you can book onto our next available course at our Snetterton Training Facility.
Price (Per Student)
£195.00 ex VAT - Outside M25.
£230.00 ex VAT - London.
If you would like more information or to book your First Aid at Work (re-qualification) course with us, please complete an enquiries form or call our team on 01603 486448.