Our Training Courses
Emergency Paediatric First Aid
QA Level 3 Award (RQF)
Qualification number: 603/0786/9.
- Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This intensive 1-day course qualifies individuals to practice safe, prompt and effective first aid in a wide range of paediatric emergencies.
This course qualification has been designed in line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a Level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff-to-child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians and grandparents, or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid course that we deliver has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 8 hours. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 4 weeks.
Roles & Responsibilities / Incident Assessment / Unresponsive casualties / Resuscitation and AED / Choking / External bleeding / Shock / Minor injuries.
Assessment & Certification
Course assessment includes:
- 5 x Practical assessments.
- 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will receive a printed QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) certificate as well as a plastic aide memoire. This qualification is valid for 3 years from date of certification.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 16 years old on the first day of training.
We are able to deliver our Emergency Paediatric First Aid course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling.
£95pp - Outside M25.
£121pp - London.
If you would like more information or to book your Emergency Paediatric First Aid training course with us, please complete an enquiries form or call our team on 01603 486448.