Education & Training
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
QA Level 3 Award (RQF) - Coming Soon
Qualification number: 603/2770/4.
- Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Unit 2: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Unit 3: Understanding assessment in education and training.
The QA Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This comprehensive 5-day course has been designed to develop the skills and knowledge needed to prepare individuals for employment in an education and training setting.
This qualification provides an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work in the further education and skills sector for, e.g. Further Education (FE) College, Independent Training Providers and or Local Authorities. Students might include:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training - achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than micro-teaching.
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession - although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a student's practice.
- Individuals currently working as Assessors who want to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training course we deliver has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 120 hours. In order to facilitate continual learning, the course should be delivered over 5 consecutive days; however, this can be adapted to suit your individual requirements. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 12 months.
Assessment & Certification
Course assessments includes:
- 1 x Practical assessment (micro-teach).
- 4 x Written assignments.
- 1 x Set of written questions.
- 1 x Scenario.
Upon successful completion of this course, individuals will receive a QA Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) printed certificate as well as a credit-card style license.
It is not a requirement for students to renew this qualification however it is recommended that they keep up-to-date with current practice in teaching and learning through regularly participating in personal development opportunities. This qualification may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 19 years old on the first day of training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that students consider a subject for delivery and hold the relevant qualifications and/or experience in their chosen area of expertise to be able to deliver it.
It is recommended all students undertake an initial assessment. We advise that students have a minimum of Level 2 in English. If students do not meet this requirement they must record their development needs and agree an action plan to address them.
We are able to deliver our Level 3 Award in Education and Training course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling. Alternatively, you can book onto our next available course at our Snetterton Training Facility.