A frequently question we receive here at Medical Training Solutions is what should be in your first aid kits.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have published a minimum suggested contents list that includes:
- a leaflet giving general guidance on first aid (for example, HSE's leaflet Basic advice on first aid at work);
- individually wrapped sterile plasters (assorted sizes), appropriate to the type of work (hypoallergenic plasters can be provided if necessary);
- sterile eye pads;
- individually wrapped triangular bandages, preferably sterile;
- safety pins;
- large sterile individually wrapped unmedicated wound dressings;
- medium-sized sterile individually wrapped unmedicated wound dressings;
- disposable gloves (for advice on latex gloves please see Selecting latex gloves)
Please note that medication, lotions, gels or creams SHOULD NOT be kept in your first aid box.
For more information on first aid training in norfolk please contact a member of our team on 01603 486448 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org