Our Training Courses
Paediatric First Aid
QA Level 3 Award (RQF)
Qualification number: 603/0785/7.
- Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
- Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies.
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) is an accredited, regulated and quality assured qualification that is recognised throughout the UK. This comprehensive 2-day course qualifies individuals to administer effective first aid to a wide range of paediatric injuries and illnesses.
This course has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education's Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff-to-child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents and grandparents, and wants to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
The Paediatric First Aid course that we deliver has a Total Qualification Time (TQT) requirement of 16 hours. In order to facilitate continual learning the course should be delivered over 2 consecutive days; however, this can be adapted to suit your individual requirements. The maximum period to achieve this qualification (including any referrals) is 6 weeks.
Roles & Responsibilities / Incident Assessment / Unresponsive casualties / Resuscitation and AED / Choking / External bleeding / Shock / Minor injuries / Fractures / Head, neck and back injuries / Eye, ear and nose injuries / Diabetes / Asthma / Allergies / Meningitis / Febrile convulsions / Extreme heat and cold / Electric shocks / Burns & Scalds / Poisoning / Anaphylaxis.
Assessment & Certification
Course assessments includes:
- 6 x Practical assessments.
- 2 x Theory assessments (Multiple Choice Question Papers).
Upon successful completion of this course individuals will receive a printed QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) certificate as well as a plastic aide memoire. This qualification is valid for 3 years from date of certification.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course. Please note that students must be at least 16 years old on the first day of training.
We are able to deliver our Paediatric First Aid course on your premises (subject to a pre-course assessment) to reduce the costs associated with taking time out and travelling.
£121pp - Outside M25.
£166pp - London.
If you would like more information or to book your Paediatric First Aid training course with us, please complete an enquiries form or call our team on 01603 486448.